RE: Ahagggggggggggg! again -Reply

To: "'Daniel Jones'" <djones2@mdc.com>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Ahagggggggggggg! again -Reply
From: Theo Smit <TSmit@novatel.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 10:14:07 -0600
How exactly did it show that you didn't need the ballast resistor? It magically
measured the coil primary current and confirmed you weren't overloading the coil
or the transistor driver? Whether or not you need the ballast is a function of
the coil design and the driver circuit design, and not all of the after market
coils and drivers are designed to work without a ballast resistor. Read the
manual that comes with your new SuperFizzer coil  and MegaBlaster driver when
you install them, and go with what they tell you, not with the glow of your $8
neon bulb.

Theo Smit
tsmit@novatel.ca
B382002705