RE: Whew!!

To: "'Bill Martin'" <bmartin@snf.Stanford.EDU>,
Subject: RE: Whew!!
From: Theo Smit <TSmit@novatel.ca>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 09:05:15 -0600
Bob, and Listers,

For what it's worth, I used NGK plugs and wires while racing my Toyota for years
and never had one problem with them. On RX-7 (or rotary) plugs in general: They
are going to be the coldest plugs you've ever seen. In the NGK numerology,
higher numbers are colder; most street vehicles use a number five or six plug,
and in my 12.2:1 race motor I used number eight plugs. Mazda rotary plugs were
numbered nine or ten. I'm guessing this has to do with the fact that a rotary is
effectively a two-stroke engine and builds a lot of heat all the time, but this
may not be suitable for a street-driven four-stroke engine.

Theo Smit
tsmit@novatel.ca
B382002705