Clueless in Sandyeggo

To: "Tiger News Group Address" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clueless in Sandyeggo
From: "Tim Ronak" <timinvan@fox.nstn.ca>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 17:19:49 -0600

Allan and listers,
Well i just assumed that everyone indexed plugs!  Without going into a
diatribe on what that is, in short Allen the result is that yes all of the
plugs are oriented in the same direction...with the "bar up of closest to
the nearest wall of the cylinder head. The intent it to ensure that the
spark is not shrouded at all from igniting the combustion gas front. So you
want the gap in general to point down although some seem to like the idea
that it is slightly rotated towards the intake valvle although just making
sure it is unshrouded is the key point. It is good for a little bit of power
and is really important if you are not running and MSD as it helps more on
the stock ignition systems. in our race car with the MSD 6T we still ran the
plugs indexed. i haven't done my Tiger yet and probably won't until I pull
the engine to make the job less of an exercise in frustration.
regards,
Tim Ronak
B382000680

 Tim and the List,