Re: Clueless in Sandyeggo

To: "Allan Connell" <alcon@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Clueless in Sandyeggo
From: "Tim Ronak" <timinvan@fox.nstn.ca>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 08:46:13 -0600
Allan and listers,
The easy way to find out where the electrode ends up is to take a permanent
black marker a deftly draw a line down the porcelin of the the plug parallel
to the curved bar so that you can see from the outside of the plug when the
line is rotated such that it is oriented in an upright position. Taking the
heads off would be the long way around accomplishing this. You then just
keep trying different plugs and find the ones that orient with the line at
about 12'oclock. Once you find plugs that fit either remove them and build
the indexing nut or wait for the next plug change. Theo suggested indexing
cones which we have used with good success but they tend ed to space the
plugs at slightly different depths depending on how close the plug was
oriented and how much we had to "scwoosh" (Canadian Technical term) them
down.