Re: Thermostats and operating Point

To: Bennett Cullen-P21988 <Cullen.Bennett@motorola.com>,
Subject: Re: Thermostats and operating Point
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 09:11:35 -0700
Cullen,

I believe what you observed is consistent with my statement. The reason I
say this is because I found out that a couple of 1/16" restriction holes
pass enough water to keep my engine cool under most conditions. I was
astounded by this, and I believe I reported this to the List. My conclusion
is the thermostat us usually operating at barely open until your operating
temperature goes above the thermostats nominal set point. Then, the
difference between slightly open and wide open doesn't matter.

Bob