inquiry 062299a

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 062299a
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 06:54:38 -0400
Steve Laifman wrote:
>If you let the tube steel hydraulic lines flex, even
>though a "service loop" has been provided, they will
>eventually crack due to metal fatigue.  They are a
>high strength steel, to contain the pressure, which
>makes them even more susceptible to fatigue.

        I spoke to Dale last night on this and other topics. He says
that this installation has been on his Tiger, street-driven and raced,
since 1989 with no failures. While this is a real-world,
based-on-experience answer and not a technical explanation, it bears
consideration. The caliper movement must be minimal, on the order of
1/8" or so. Anyhow, I'm _thinking_ of looking into having a short set of
flex lines made up (more $$$).

        I just got back some photos from development, including Kodak
Picture Discs. So I now have some images of the first steps of the
rebuild process, and a few of the Tiger gathering at Dick Barker's last
month when I was out there.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP