The price of parts.

To: Tiger News Group <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: The price of parts.
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 11:03:11 -0400
A couple of points.

When you're starting to buy parts to finish your Tiger, spending $200
just for a mirror, however original, probably doesn't make financial
sense.If, however, your car is finished save for a mirror and maybe one
other piece, the $200 seems like a better deal.

As you know, I sell Sunbeam literature, and I've been told to put it on
eBay to double or triple my return.My main goal is to put the literature
I sell in the hands of people who own the car the literature applies to.
I know that some of the stuff has gone to people who already have the
same piece, and I know that if I geared my market to collectors via
eBay, I could get much more money. I think the limited supply of Sunbeam
parts and literature ought to go first to car owners and not
speculators.

Two, someone ask, perhaps hypothetically, how much a car would cost if
it were sold piece by piece. Chevrolet Parts people answered this very
question about 19 years ago. They estimated that a 1957 Chevrolet Bel
Air was valued at about $15,000 assembled, and would cost $100,000 if
done with then current GM parts and aftermarket vendor sources.

Thirdly, if you're shopping for an expensive part for your Tiger, take
as much time as you can checking out all of the markets for the part you
need. The best example is the Tiger-specific air filter housing. This
part has been advertised for maybe five years at the $ 600 value.
However, if you had been to the Eureka United, you could have purchased
two of them for $250 a piece. Like buying the car, the trick is to know
the market and the condition for what you're looking beforehand, so that
when a good value comes your way, you can act quickly and wisely.