Re: temp gauge

To: netscott@earthlink.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: temp gauge
From: OldeAlp@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 12:56:18 EDT
In a message dated 6/28/99 11:24:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
netscott@earthlink.net writes:

<< has anyone had this problem. it seems that as my motor get hotter the
 water temp. gauge reads hotter. that is to say that when i first start
 my motor my electric fan will go on at 200, after some time the fan goes
 on when the gauge reads about 215. is it possible that the resistance in
 the wire from the sending unit is changing with heat and is causing this
 difference.(i have replaced the sending unit and it did not help)

 scott
 B9472628

My guess is that the sensors are at different locations, so the temps at each
spot are different at varying operational circumstances.  The fan is probably
clicking on and off at the same temps as it reads them, and the gauge
measurement is telling you what the heat is where it reads it.

"Ole" Olson