Temp gauge

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Temp gauge
From: "Mike Sutter" <mjsutter@cts.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 16:36:01 -0700
Listers,

A week ago I told all of you about my water temp. gauge reading 20 degrees
too hot. I got some suggestions regarding the source of the DC power for
the gauge. Well the problem wasn't the voltage I was supplying to the gauge
but an impedence mismatch between the VDO sender and the VDO gauge. It
seems the folks at VDO print the impedence values on both the sender and
the back of the gauge and its up to the buyer or retailer to make sure that
the two are compatable. So for any of you non-purists who would consider
installing a German gauge in a British car, beware.

Mike