keys

To: <rflynn@dircon.co.uk>
Subject: keys
From: "Tim Ronak" <timinvan@fox.nstn.ca>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 13:04:15 -0600
Rick,
I was wondering this myself as I have several keys for my car with two the
same and 1 unique. To the best of my knowledge it appears that the ignition
key works the doors and the cubby and the trunk key are the same. My trunk
key is the original as it still has the key code stamped on it (The original
Union key made in England with the code:FS929) The Union key difinitely does
not work the ignition or the doors but works perfectly in the Trunk and door
locks. I also have an original Rootes key that works the ignition and doors
with the code RM864. Based on this rather unscientific study I would suggest
that there were two keys originally: 1 for the ignition and doors and 1 for
the trunk and armrest console.
Regards,
Tim