RE: Classic Car Insurance

To: Allan Connell <alcon@earthlink.net>, Tiger Owners <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Classic Car Insurance
From: charles paul <c1967@email.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 15:41:47 -0400 (EDT)
Tough Luck Allen:
What I did in a similar situation here in California is post bail, and then
go to court. If the cop (both cops) are there, plead guilty and ask the
clerk for traffic school.  If you wait for the judge, he may not give you
that option.  When you apply for traffic school, sign up for the "at home
school".  The court house where you go will have a complete list of the
acceptable schools in California.  Believe it or not, the home school is
just as acceptable as the ones that you have to sit in class for 8 hours.
The home school gives you a study book and a test to complete at your
kitchen table.  Takes about 30 minutes.  Then you send it in to them, send
the coupon they give you to the court showing you have taken their class,
and you are out only alittle time and $75.  However, you still have a clean
driving record.  No points, no tickets on the insurance ...etc.  Without the
driving school you could be screwed with higher rates for three years.  Most
Classic Insurance companies will (or could) drop you.  Good luck!
Scott
MkI