inquiry 072899a

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 072899a
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 07:55:29 -0400
        I got my new copy of Tiger Press last night. I really like the
new format; the old half-size pages didn't, IMHO, leave adequate room
for photos -- they always looked crowded.
        Speaking of photos, I was pleasantly surprised. Well, I _knew_
that the Garage Queen was going to be featured this time around (is this
a first for an East-coast car in TP?), but I did not expect it to be on
the cover. Exciting, even if the picture is only in black and white;
seeing it does remind me of what the car looked like when it still had
wheels and tires -- h*ll, a suspension -- under it. I really hope to get
back on the road again soon. Fortunately, I had plenty of photos of the
'complete' car. I'm not kidding myself; the GQ is not a "significant"
Tiger, even though _I'm_ attached to it, and the article basically
filled a couple of pages. Glad to help!
        Only one "typo", if it was indeed that and not just an error on
my part. I got the car in 1991, not 1985, which was the year I got my
first Sunbeam, that very rusty SV Alpine I've mentioned before. I betcha
if I _had_ bought it in 1985, I would have paid a lot less!
        Oh, yeah; the other articles were OK, too. :^) The piece on
Tigers in Historic racing was cool; it's been a few years since I've
been to an event, and I've never seen a Tiger at one. There's usually a
fall race at Summit Point in West Virginia, perhaps I should make a
point in going. As a spectator, obviously!
        Repro scattershields? Neat! A real coup for Tigership in
general, considering there are so few of us. I don't think I'll pull the
engine just to put one in, but if/when I have it out again for other
reasons, I'd consider one.
        Overall, it was worth the wait for this issue; taking into
account that it has been a while, that means very good indeed.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP
larry.wright@usop.com (new)