Re: Bill & Ginger Accident - Update

To: <MrZAG57@aol.com>, <BCARTUS@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Bill & Ginger Accident - Update
From: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 09:10:19 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: MrZAG57@aol.com <MrZAG57@aol.com>
To: BCARTUS@aol.com <BCARTUS@aol.com>; tigers@autox.team.net
<tigers@autox.team.net>; alpines@autox.team.net <alpines@autox.team.net>
Date: Tuesday, July 27, 1999 11:37 PM

>In a message dated 7/25/99 5:49:37 AM, BCARTUS writes:
>
><< I replaced only the RR tire at SUNI with a same size radial. The tires
are
>about 8+ years old, but had only about 2K miles on them. They have always
>been inside, so there was no dry rot, etc. Tread was almost like new. While
>garaged, many months the car was also on jack stands so no flat spots,
etc..

>They were Pirelli P4's. Haven't looked into whether or not the tire had
>"history" of problems, but may do that. Any thoughts?

Listers: I know I'm playing Monday morning quater back here, but is there
anyway to find out if this disaster was caused by a front end failure?
Having experienced both lower ball joint and fulcrum pin failures, I could
see were the could be mistaken for a tire failure on either end of the car.
A loud pop followed by on side of the car dropping violently to the pavement
can seem like a tire failure at first.