Re: Accident/ball joints and pins

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Accident/ball joints and pins
From: "Jay Laifman" <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 07:44:38 -0700
>Listers: I know I'm playing Monday morning quater back here, but is there
>anyway to find out if this disaster was caused by a front end failure?
>Having experienced both lower ball joint and fulcrum pin failures, I could
>see were the could be mistaken for a tire failure on either end of the
car.
>A loud pop followed by on side of the car dropping violently to the
pavement
>can seem like a tire failure at first.

Or, how about the tire blowing out (not just deflating), causing the wheel
itself to hit the pavement off angle, with no impact absorbtion that the
tire would have taken.  Then the impact causes significant torque and force
up against the dreaded ball joint and fulcrm pin, which in turn causes the
failure/breakage of the joint or pin.  Then that side of the suspension
buckles, throwing the car out of control.

Jay