Re: help please

To: "James E. Pickard" <geowiz@www.worldnet.att.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: help please
From: "Joe Hankins" <jhankins@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 13:06:01 -0400
James,

It does not require pulling the engine to remove the transmission and
clutch.  I've done it, as have several others on the list.  It's not
something you want to do in your garage at home with a floor jack and jack
stands.  It takes a lot of clearance to get the job done.

In order to do it you have to disconnect the transmission from the clutch
and the clutch from the engine,  slide the transmission back and let it and
the clutch drop down to the point where you can slide the transmission
output shaft out of the clutch.  Getting them out is pretty easy. Getting
them back in is a bit harder, and impossible (based on my experience)
without a transmission jack.

Good Luck!

Joe