Re: Flamingoes and brakes...

To: Colin Cobb <cobmeister@zianet.com>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Flamingoes and brakes...
From: ritchie@mcn.org (Armand & Lorie Ritchie)
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 07:49:01 -0700
>Does anyone have any advice relative to rebuilding the front brakes? Long as
>I've got the damned garage ankle deep in brake fluid I might as well rebuild
>'em all...
>
>--Coin Cobb, Las Cruces, NM, USA
>'65 Tiger

Hi Colin, I had to redo my calipers a while back because my booster was
sticking which caused the brakes to remain engaged till the brakes
overheated wiping out the seals.  Mine were fried in the bores and a little
difficult to remove but it went pretty easy.   I would not recommend
splitting the calipers.  That's a job best left to a professional shop.
You don't have to split the calipers to replace the seals.  That only needs
to be done if the bores need to be honed.  Just make sure you use plenty of
brake fluid as a lubricant went putting the pistons back in.  And replace
your brake hoses if you haven't already.

Regards
Armand Ritchie
B9470219

ritchie@mcn.org