Re: 1850 HOLLEY 600

To: geewhiz@inreach.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1850 HOLLEY 600
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 22:01:16 EDT
geewhiz@inreach.com writes:

<< Have to thank all you wonderful people out there for all your help. But
 > now I need to know what you think about the 1850 Holley 600 with the
 > electric choke. >>

Prior to the 1848 465cfm I run on my 302 presently, I ran an 1850 600. Had to
jet it down a bit, if I remember correctly 3 sizes on the primary side. Still
had a bog off the line, which I never got right. Tried lighter secondary
diaphram springs, no luck. Of course, I know next to nothing about tuning
carbs! I also ran the 600 on my 260 before I lost a head gasket and it was
fat all over the place. The 465 ran great out of the box, but now, if I
upgrade to the GT40 heads I have available, I think the 600 will go back
on...1848s can still be found and probably would cause you less headaches and
ultimately be a bit cheaper than messing with the 1850.

Mike