Re: Jetting with an Oxygen Sensor

To: Steve Wickland <wickland@poseidontech.com>
Subject: Re: Jetting with an Oxygen Sensor
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 16:39:50 -0700
Steve Wickland wrote:

> Hello All,
> I read Gerard's page on Holley jetting and must say
> that it is a very well written piece.  I really like the
> idea of using an oxygen sensor to get concrete
> feedback.  I was wondering how many folks on
> the list have done this?  Where did you put the
> O2 sensor if you have headers?  It seems to me
> that I would have to use a sensor with a heater
> because it would be hard to get close enough to
> the exhaust valve.
>
> Steve W.

My Edelbrock model sensor is mounted on the upper horizontal section of the
exhaust pipe on the right side.  Easy to get at and not in the way of anything.
Don't have headers, but it doesn't matter.  Being close to the exhaust valve is
not critical, in fact, you want to be after the 'merge' so you collect the
average
data of the whole side.  The other side is running the same, unless you have
sideways, asymmetrically jetted carbs.

You can't get too far away, though, because it does have to come up to operating
temperature to sense correctly.  Mine seems about right.

Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/