Re: Defroster Vents??

To: "Overton, Keith A." <Keith.Overton@alcoa.com>
Subject: Re: Defroster Vents??
From: Stu Brennan <sbrennan@master.ncounty.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 19:37:30 -0400
Here's a thought for replacing the tubes.  Instead of using the paper
ones like original, I used a couple of those aluminum flex tubes meant
for use under the hood as hot air ducts, etc.  Most auto parts stores
have a wide selection.  I found some that were just the right diameter,
and joined them to the heater box and the diffusers with smaller
internal tubes made from paper towel center tubes.  Just glue them in,
nothing shows, and there are no ugly clamps. After I got them bent to
shape, I painted mine flat black, and they look just like original.
Clean them well, as mine felt a bit oily.

Stu