Re: Ackerman Angle

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ackerman Angle
From: "geewhiz@inreach.com" <geewhiz@inreach.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 17:26:39 -0700
> and not cause very uneven wear. Besides, how many people ever actually wear
> out their tires anyway?? Any tire over four or five years old should
> probably be retired regardless of how much tread is left. What most of us
> need are tires with a tire wear index of about 80. ;-)

Amen to that!  I was just buying new tires for my Tiger, and all these
tire store guys were telling me how I was going to get 60,000 miles on
this tire, 70,000 miles on that tire, and so on, and how this tire was
better for rain and slush...

HA!

Kinda hard to rack up those kinda miles when you only drive it once in a
while in nice weather!  I think I've only put 5000 miles on mine since
buying it in 1993.  Very FUN miles!

Gerard
65 MKI
--