RE: Tiger Creative Award

To: "'Steve Laifman'" <laifman@flash.net>
Subject: RE: Tiger Creative Award
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 14:38:48 -0400

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP
larry.wright@usop.com (new)
Ph. 301.386.7923  Fx. 301.386.5333

Quiet day on the launch pad?

>Good Ol' Larry Wright has come
> up with the most
> creative solution, IMHO, that I have seen on the net.

I knew it! As soon as I hit the 'send' button, I knew that someone would
draw the connection between the Habitrail tubing, the hamster and the
'squirrel-cage' fan; too late to stop the message. And I knew who it
would be, too. Theo and Stu might've been in the running but I don't
think they can type as fast (cold, stiff Northern fingers).

> Now if Larry will reveal his modification plans to allow
> watering and feeding the
> hamster, and getting rid of what it leaves behind, it would
> complete the story.

A section of line like used for the oil pressure gauge, running from the
'duckbill' drain to the blower housing will get water -- when it rains
-- to Joseph the hamster (so named because he'll live his life in the
dark). Food? I dunno. I started thinking about a clockwork mechanism to
slowly press a cracker against the outside of the blower fan, so that
chunks got off occasionally to fall _inside_ the wheel where Joseph
could get at them -- then decided that even uncle Desmond Kludge (aha!)
wouldn't have approved of something that complicated. Need a biscuit
that slowly breaks up when you thermal-cycle it, suspending up-stream
from the blower.

> he got a pair of hamsters, they would 'grow' their own
> replacement parts, maybe
> with a few left over for E-bay auction.

Last one available! Modest reserve!

> Let's hear it for the "Creative Solution of the Year" vote.
> I choose the 'Lawrence R. Wright Heater Blower Solution' for
> first place.

Thankee. Will the commemorative wall plaque leak?

> BTW: Larry, how do you get that hamster to run in the correct
> direction so the
> heater blows, instead of sucks?

_Now_ my head hurts, Steve. If we rely on Coriolis forces to get Joseph
off on the right foot, literally, what solution do we offer for Tiger
owners in South Africa and Australia?

This is a lot of brain sweat, especially when some Californian -- no
names, please -- will come out with a kit to swap in a guinea pig for
higher performance. $200 and you have to cut and widen the blower
housing yourself.