Re: Compression Test

To: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Subject: Re: Compression Test
From: Steve Wickland <wickland@poseidontech.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 09:40:56 -0700
Bob Palmer wrote:

> I have two questions. First, I don't believe I've ever noticed this
> difference between cold and hot cranking. Is this typical? Second, if this
> is typical, what's the explanation? Or, if it isn't typical, what could be
> the reason in my case?

Bob,
I've always seen lower readings at cold not hot.  Are your battery
and starter in good shape?  Did you remove all plugs before making
any measurements and have WOT?

I sure one could concoct a scenario where cold is higher than hot
but the few engines that I tried both temps on, hot was always
higher.

Steve W.