RE: Will it work?

To: Chris Vaught <CVaught@hawaii.rr.com>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Will it work?
From: Theo Smit <TSmit@novatel.ca>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 18:08:02 -0600
Chris,
If you dig through the archives, starting around May this year, you can catch up
on my engine mount / pulley / generator bracket saga, which started with the
generator seizing. Due to some creative pulley and bracket choices by the PO,
the crank pulley was only about 1/4" from the rack. There was enough movement of
the engine to chew through the rack tube (which is only about .050" wall
thickness), but not enough room to remove the fan belt.

The Tiger water pump is a special piece already (it should measure 4.875" from
the mounting face to the front face of the pulley); you may be able to find a
shorter pump. If you don't, you'll have a tough time fitting the fan, unless you
have the engine mounts the right way around. There are some Ford Motorsports
pumps that are short-nose but be careful that you get one that is made for a
regular V-belt (the serpentine belt ones turn the other way).

Good luck,

Theo Smit
tsmit@novatel.ca
tsmit@home.com