Re: shocks

To: mjb2@home.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: shocks
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 19:27:03 -0700
Mike,

This is a tough question to answer because it depends on so many factors
(e.g., spring stiffness) and a lot of subjectivity. I think for any kind of
performance driving you want approximately 50/50 stiffness ratio; i.e., the
same on compression and rebound. Bill Martin and others have gotten the
Carrera shocks (from Dale?) and love them. Konis specially valved for the
Tiger are available from Sunbeam Specialties I believe, as are SPAX. Being
adjustable is a plus, because you will be able to tailor them to your car
and driving and ride preference. I have had good experience with Bilstein,
but haven't bought any lately.

Good luck,

Bob

At 06:22 PM 8/24/99 -0700, mjb2@home.com wrote:
>hey guys, please advise me on the best shocks for my MK1.  i do not
>X-CROSS the car but i like spirited driving. don't mind spending the
>bucks on a good shock.  is it between SPAX or KONI?  opinion please.

Robert L. Palmer
UCSD, Dept. of AMES
619-822-1037 (o)
760-599-9927 (h)