Oil Line question

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil Line question
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 19:38:44 EDT
It's what you call perfect timing, the oil line adapter
at the engine block on my stock setup has started
leaking copious quantities of oil.  After checking with
the county to see if they needed someone to drive
up and down the gravel roads, I decided to fix it.  The
county road agent said he would welcome any
British cars that want to cruise the gravel roads.

I got a set of CAT gaskets at SUNI, removed the
filter assembly and am about to put it together,
when I reached a stopping point.  The large gasket
looks to thin.  In fact, I noticed the gasket I had
removed had been doubled.  This arrangement did
not leak.  It was the smaller middle gasket that
leaked.

Question for the net gurus,  Should I double the
large gasket as before or should I use lots of
RTV and hope it doesn't leak.

Dave Johnson, Chicago, B38202668