tach working fine

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: tach working fine
From: "James E. Pickard" <geowiz@www.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 22:02:24 -0500
I've got my rebuilt 6000 RPM Alpine tach installed in my Tiger and it
appears to be working just fine.  This inspite of the fact that I'm
running a Pertronics Ignitor ignition, which Margaret at MoMa detests.
I can't swear that it is accurate, but the idle is down where it
belongs, and it doesn't swing wildly all over the place.

For anybody interested in going the same route, here is the info:
Series IV Alpine tach with the same appearance as my MkI, but reading to
6000 RPM, purchased from Gary Schotland for $25 (plus shipping).  Gary
says he has several of them.  Rebuilt by MoMa for $85 (plus shipping).
I told Margaret I was running a standard single point ignition.  The S4
face read "4 CLY Positive Earth" and had a dual redline area (half red
and white, the rest solid red).  Now it says "8 CLY Negative Earth" and
has a solid red redline that is a dead ringer for the original.  Took
about 2 weeks including shipping both ways.

Jim Pickard
B9473298