Re: Another Oil Filter Adapter?

To: Stu Brennan <sbrennan@master.ncounty.net>
Subject: Re: Another Oil Filter Adapter?
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 08:39:24 -0700
Stu Brennan wrote:

> I just changed the oil on my wife's Aerostar, with the 4.0L V6.  The oil
> filter was hanging on the end of a right angle adapter similar to the
> Motorsports piece I have on the Tiger, but it seems to hang down
> further, and has an added ear on the block end to prevent rotation.  The
> mounting site on the block may be the same as a normal oil filter mount,
> but I couldn't tell.  Has anyone ever investigated these to see if they
> would be of any use on Tigers?
>
> Stu

Stu,

My Motorsport has a sort of ear on the block mount end, which could serve this
purpose, except the block mount is perfectly round, with nothing to catch the
ear.  Maybe they put such an ear on the 4.0?   Besides, the Motorsport fits
(with
a little filing of the sharp motor mount corner to stop it from puncturing the
oil
filter), and when properly snugged, doesn't seem to rotate.

Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/