inquiry 092399b

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 092399b
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 08:04:01 -0400
Stu wrote:
>Subject: RE: Covers
>I don't think you want a waterproof cover.  It will be as
>good at keeping moisture in as it will be at keeping moisture out.

        Something I'll share anecdotally: My stepfather bought a 1957
Chevy a few years back; he wanted to replicate his old 'tanker'. I
didn't know until later that, instead of a breathable car cover, he
merely lashed a plastic tarp over the car for the winter. Come spring,
off came the cover -- and a fair amount of the paint with it. The
remaining paint didn't look too good either. It might've been a
coincidence, but the car looked fine until he put the cover on.

Bob Palmer wrote:
>I believe you understand correctly about the end float
>being the TOTAL for the two axles. The proof will be
>when you add shims on both sides and see that the end
>float is reduced by the sum of the shim thicknesses.
>snip, snip, snip, . . .

        No matter what I did, the float was always the same L&R. I can
the Loctitie 601. Actually, when I added shims, the end float was
_increased_ by that amount, not reduced. Whatever. And snip,snip,snip is
right; I now have a tiny sliver of brass in one finger (ouch!).

Matthew P Bouchelle wrote:
>Subject: SOS Photos
>I have been just observing on the Tiger mailing list for
>the last few months but now it is time to come out.

        Welcome aboard, Matt! And good luck on the resto. You can
already tell, I'm sure, how much help the Tiger Folk on this list can
be. If an amateur like me can rebuild an entire suspension, etc., with
the advice of these folks, anybody can!

Lawrence R. Wright
"I can't get no -- Satis-traction"