Re: No Tiger content

To: tiger technologies <tartanad@popd.ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: No Tiger content
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 20:14:29 -0400
As you know, we had the 1995 west coast United in Grants Pass, just 30
miles to the north on I5 from Medford, and the actual autocross  was
held in Medford at something called the Jackson County auto sport park.
It's on the eastern side of I5 up against the foothills.

As someone else said, when I lived in Oregon and worked for Honda, the
"Don't Californicate Oregon" was still a small presence  there, and I'm
from San Fernando Valley, so I took some of that to heart and kept quiet
about my roots.

>From the standpoint of operating your own company, I found the work
ethic great and folks fairly friendly. Culturally, I didn't find much
there (although Ashland hosts the Shakespeare festival) but the Rogue
River area is super, Crater Lake is ok once in a while, and the Cascades
are neat to cruise around.

There's a guy named Bob Dolson in Grants Pass with a bright yellow
racing Tiger and another dude in the Eugene area with a white Tiger 302
/ five speed who attends a lot of the Uniteds, and the Northwest
Sunbeamers have their own active group, some of whom I met at the SUNI
III meet.

I spent three years there (Portland) and got a good opportunity to
transfer to Boston, and that's why I left, but I like a lot about
Portland and Oregon. One word of caution: Any place where they count the
number of straight days of sun, you should expect a lot of at least
drizzle. It's a little dryer on the eastern side of the Cascades, like
Bend, but then it snows there. And be prepared for the Siskiyo
(spelling?) pass that separates CA and OR on I5 that gets occasional
traffic-stopping snow storms in the winter.

Does this sound like an iffy recommendation, or what.

Good luck,

Rande