Re: FW: Sore neck

To: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Subject: Re: FW: Sore neck
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 20:21:01 -0400
Steve's post on mirrors are right on the mark.

Several years ago, I went to a site that told you how to adjust your
side mirrors.  Sounds simple, like we all know how to do this, well no,
at least I did not.

The procedure for the left mirror, is to put your head on the left
window, and adjust mirror so that you can just see the side of the car.

On right side, put your head in center of car, and adjust mirror so that
you can just see the side of the car.

The reason is that the in-car rear view mirror covers the center of the
rear view, and the side mirrors, cover the sides of the car the center
does not.

Sounds simple, and it really works to eliminate the blind spots of a car
passing you.

Don't believe it, try adjusting your mirror this way, and have someone
walk around car, and you will not have the blind spots, that you had before.

Almost hit several people in 87 Vette, till I purchased convex mirror
glass, and adjusted side mirrors as above.  The car had terrible blind spots.

Larry