Re: Carb Adjustment

To: "Daniel S. Eiland" <daniel@htg.net>, "Steve Laifman" <laifman@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Carb Adjustment
From: "William G. Bell" <summit02@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 19:08:58 -0600
Dan, I'm no carb expert, but I've rebuilt a few.   I can't address problems
that stock situations don't have. I live in Denver, and, as I recall you
live in El Paso.  Am i not correct, both towns are a mile high? Altitude
makes a great deal of difference as to how carbs are tuned.  They must be
leaned out and power valves must also use a leaner mixture. My Tiger was
dreadful when I first got it. The dealership had been selling them for 3
years when I bought mine, but they didn't have a clue as to why mine was so
sluggish, even at a traffic light. I messed with mine, since they didn't
seem to know (or care) about customer service. I don't remember now, what
the size calibrations were, but I went one size smaller for the power valve
and it cleared up the sluggishness problem.  I've never had a problem
since.I hope this helps

W. G. Bell
Original owner
#382001670  (Still a great car)