Re: Originality

To: irishve@hotmail.com, laifman@flash.net, rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu
Subject: Re: Originality
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 14:35:47 EDT
In a message dated 10/11/99 10:49:46 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
irishve@hotmail.com writes:

<<  It was called a 64 1/2 car by Ford and all of
 the advertisments as well.  The DMV however labeled it a 65 model on the
 pink slip.  My family went out and purchased one (a horrible orange one with
 a 289 and a 4 speed) in the summer of 64.   >>

I thought the 64 1/2 cars all had 260 cid motors...that, plus a generator
instead of an alternator, the lack of the 2+2 model (fastback) and no GTs
were some of the differences between the early cars and the later 65s. And,
yes, that orangish, red (poppy red?) was a pretty hideous color...
Mike