Hard Top Hoist

To: "'Tigers'" <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hard Top Hoist
From: "Colley, Chuck" <Chuck.Colley@wang.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 12:12:39 -0400
Listers,
The Hard Top Hoist listing has a new entry... I've gotten so much out of
this site, I just have to share this...

A T-Bird owner at the Saturday evening Cruise-in at Chubbys (You Can't Beat
Our Buns) in Manassas, VA, told me that Thunderbird Center has Hard Top
Hoists for sale for $34.95. Ad was in Hemmings and they have a website,
www.tbirdcenter.com <http://www.tbirdcenter.com>  but no pictures of
products. Order line: (800) 562-1955 got me the hoist in two days.

Since no picture, I'll bore you with details:
It is a flat piece of 2" white webbing that crosses through the top and
hooks to a "D" ring that connects to an S-Hook that fastens to the dual
pulley assembly.  The rear strap loops through the crossover strap and is
supposed to go under the rear of the top, then snaps to the "D" ring. I
found my top required the rear strap to be a front of top strap.

All parts are supplied, even the line cleat. The Installation instructions
were clear and it was a snap to install. The price was a bit better than the
$149 from Precision Auto (www.precisionauto.com
<http://www.precisionauto.com>  ) that was listed in May.

I know a "Purest" wouldn't use anything but a Sunbeam product, but we both
have Ford engines.....

All the Best,
funbeam Chuck
B382001278