Re: Hard Top Hoist

To: "Colley, Chuck" <Chuck.Colley@wang.com>
Subject: Re: Hard Top Hoist
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 13:29:29 -0700
"Colley, Chuck" wrote:

> Listers,
> The Hard Top Hoist listing has a new entry... I've gotten so much out of
> this site, I just have to share this...
>
> Thunderbird Center has Hard Top
> Hoists for sale for $34.95.. Order line: (800) 562-1955 got me the hoist in
>two
> days.
>
> Since no picture, I'll bore you with details:
> It is a flat piece of 2" white webbing that crosses through the top and
> hooks to a "D" ring that connects to an S-Hook that fastens to the dual
> pulley assembly.  The rear strap loops through the crossover strap and is
> supposed to go under the rear of the top, then snaps to the "D" ring. I
> found my top required the rear strap to be a front of top strap.
>
> All parts are supplied, even the line cleat. The Installation instructions
> were clear and it was a snap to install. The price was a bit better than the
> $149 from Precision Auto (www.precisionauto.com
> <http://www.precisionauto.com>  ) that was listed in May.

> funbeam Chuck
> B382001278

Chuck,

I described my Home Depot special last year, that was similarly designed,
except I
added a winch.
Seemed to complicated to describe, to some, and I couldn't send a drawing
through
the list.

Just found a new 'wrinkle' by passing the flat braid nylon rope loop through PVC
sprinkler pipe with 90 degree ends at the window and some external foam tube
padding around the bend.

I'll try to do a slower description or post it on our web site - opening soon, I
hope.

How does ASCII work?

    [
]                                                                             [
]  All PVC 3/4 pipe and two right angle bends.
Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/