Re: hard top pieces

To: Michael McBeth <mmcbeth@compusmart.ab.ca>
Subject: Re: hard top pieces
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 18:56:29 -0400
At 06:54 PM 10/12/1999 -0600, you wrote:
>It is hard top season in Canada now, soon to be 'parked Tiger' season in
>Edmonton actually. My hardtop went half way through a repair almost five years
>ago, unfortunately this was 'disassemble, fix rust, repaint exterior, lose all
>of the headliner pieces'. I now have a hardtop that looks OK outside, but
>awful inside: I take it that getting the actual material inside should be no
>trouble. Any ideas where to get all of the metal supports, and associated trim
>bits to hold the headliner in place?
>
>Sorry to interrupt the Mustang discussion, its nice to see we can find other
>cars to disagree on too :^)
>
>Michael McBeth

       Michael,
        The original lining in my hard top was a white perforated vinal.
On another top I aquired, the liner had been replaced with solid black
vinal.  Looked good, but one minor problem: At 65 to 70+ mph the air
built up behind the liner and it ballooned down.  Perfect speedometer,
When your head is smashed with the top liner then you know that you are
exceeding the speed limit. Use perforated lining material.  I use that top
on my Alpine that seldom gets over 55.
James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others