Engine Dolly

To: "'Tigers'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine Dolly
From: Bennett Cullen-P21988 <Cullen.Bennett@motorola.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 08:46:15 -0700
Chris,
>i was thinking of putting the castors
>on the inside of the rails but i am worried about stability.

My advice would be to keep them on the outside. Especially if the caster
wheels are the least bit soft. I got the hardest wheels that I could find at
the time and they still tried to flatten and "dig-in" when rolled with the
entire weight on them. I'm guessing that a full engine and tranny weigh
somewhere just short of 700 lbs (anyone out there know for sure?). If that
starts to tip over, for any reason, it's hard to stop it.
Just my opinion,
Cullen Bennett
Tempe, Arizona USA