Degree cam

To: "'CVaught@hawaii.rr.com'" <CVaught@hawaii.rr.com>
Subject: Degree cam
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.P.Ronak@akzo-nobel.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 16:19:14 -0500
Chris You said,
I have just bought a performer plus cam. I was planning on installing it
next week or so. my question what is degreeing a cam? what performance
gains can I get out of this? have any of you made a 347 stroker from a
302? last but not least what aluminum heads do you folks reccomend?
thanks for the advise
Chris

Chris,
The process of degreeing a cam is to ensure that the cam is installed in the
correct timing orientation that the manufactures suggest. It is the process
of referencing the crank and compensating for any iregularities that might
occur due to cam grinding, timing chain or timing gear manufacturing errors,
or engine block machining errors. The quality of the machining of todays cam
renders this a past necesity but can still be used to alter the rpm range of
a selected cam. If you would like a lengthy detailed how to send me a
message and i will do it off line as it will be long.
Regards,
Tim ronak
B382000680