Re: inquiry 110199d (#22)

To: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Subject: Re: inquiry 110199d (#22)
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 20:43:26 -0800
Larry,

CONGRATULATIONS!!

The Garage Queen is now a Road Hoag!!!

Thanks for the credits, and best of luck, now that winter is there, in having a
roadworthy machine.  I've certainly enjoyed your daring-do in picking all the
most
difficult conversions to accomplish, simultaneously.

I use about 50 ft-lbs in torque on my aluminum wheels (with aluminum spacers).
They eventually finish their creep, and about 40 psi in my 185x70-13 radials.

I've heard the the LSD is best with the original additive of the '60's, but it
was
produced from whale oil, and is no longer considered politically correct.  since
mine has yet to be installed, I await your results.

I do have the polyurethane jack pad and jack stand covers.  The jack stand
covers
(on those narrow lever release toothed rack stands, seem fine, providing you
have
the room to get them under your support area.  The jack pad is a little
difficult
to allow the jack to clear the lower body edge.  Put it on after the jack is
under
the lift point.

A word of caution.  Those jack pads are slick.  And I do not mean "good", I mean
"slippery".  I first used them on lifting the car from the center of the cross
member.  It was so "slick" that the jack pad would slide along the greased front
cross member, without the jack wheels moving.   Almost lost the car by having it
fall off the jack.

I stopped greasing my front cross member, and using the pad on that area.

So, What's the GQ's new name going to be?

Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/