Re: 1965 Tiger ... New Owner needs your help

To: Hipo67@aol.com, Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1965 Tiger ... New Owner needs your help
From: Alpdavegre@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 21:37:07 EST
Gene,

Welcome to the ranks of the Sunbeam Fanatics! I am in the same boat as you. I
bought a basketcase Tiger Mk 1 1965. It was the only way to afford it and
I'll have fun putting it together. I have done my 1937 Packard convert. and a
few Alpines so I know what I am getting into. I am by no way an expert on
Tigers but I'll give you my 2c worth.
Sheet metal: best to get them from Rob Martel in Canada he has stuff listed
on a website. His e-mail is robmartel@hotmail.com  good prices and good fits.
Some sheet metal from Alpines will work front valances is one but most are
pretty bent up from curb hits and such.
Books: Norm Millers "Book of Norman" is a great book if you can find one.
Last one I saw on e-bay sold for around $300. Mike Taylors book  is very good
to. Both of these books rare!
Join Clubs: TEAE, CAT, PTC, etc. Great source for parts and help.
Brightwork: All exterior same for Alpine except the trim strips,scripts and
badges that are unique to the Tiger.
Parts Sources: Rick at Sunbeam Specialties, Curt at Classic Sunbeam, and
Victoria              British(gasp!) are some major sources to get catalogs
from.
Questions on parts the exhaust manifold on the left is a stock Ford unit the
right side is unique to Tigers. The bell housing is a stock Ford unit.
Experts correct me if I am wrong. Air cleaner housings are indeed expensive
ranging from $200 to $400, sorry for the bad news there.
I hope I have answered all your questions for now. You are on the best
information source right now. There are a lot of good people with many good
ideas and experience and they are very helpful. I thank them for dealing my
questions and insaineness.
Dave Green
10 Alpines, 1 Tiger(that trys to keep me broke!)