Re: tune up specs

To: Timothy.P.Ronak@akzo-nobel.com
Subject: Re: tune up specs
From: TigerCoupe@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 18:51:50 EST
Tim,

Thanks for the reply.  It is obvious to me now what you were doing.

I have had pretty good luck getting the recommended 34 degrees total after I
have adjusted each set of points individually to 27 degrees, but your method
of adjusting the 2nd set of points to get the total dwell after getting the
first set right would actually speed things up.  Especially on an Accel,
which adjusts with the convenience of an Allen wrench.  The later Accels even
have separate leads for each set of points, so you just unplug the set you
are not using.  However, if you are working with a Ford dual point, it
requires the trial and error method on each set of points, and getting it
right can take forever.

Dick Barker