tune up specs

To: deiland1@elp.rr.com
Subject: tune up specs
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.P.Ronak@akzo-nobel.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 14:05:53 -0600
Dan,
It has been a while since I worked on a dual point but the basics are still
in there if I can clear out the cobwebs. As I recall the reason for two sets
of points is to improve the high RPM capabilities of a mechanical set of
points without ridiculous spring tension. The specs as I recall were 26-28
degrees of dwell on one set and 30-32 degrees of dwell on the other set.
this allows for good performance through out the RPM range. While you can
set points with a feeler gauge using a dwell meter is way more accurate. I
cannot remember which set was set to which dwell but I do recall a
differential.
I hope that is of some help!
Regards,
Tim Ronak