RE: Ulysses

To: "'Steve Laifman'" <laifman@flash.net>,
Subject: RE: Ulysses
From: Chris Thompson <cthompson@rrinc.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 22:39:57 -0500
For what it's worth.

Last year I had to get the lower half of my Tiger repainted (also BRG) due to
sticky tires throwing up gravel from my dirt road and seriously chipping the
paint. The excellent body shop I regularly use laughed up a storm because the
base they had to use to build my color was tractor paint.  It's what I've heard
referred to as "shitty paint" - the stuff we used in the 60's.

They use a scanner on existing paint to get the color mix and have always
provided a seamless match for me, whether it's shitty paint or the new metallic
stuff.  If you love the color you have on the first wife's Tiger, then I
recommend that you get the color scanned by a leading paint provider in your
area, and I would bet they can get you a match you can't tell the difference
on. It sounds like you won't be happy until you get that color....

BTW, I've been told by Norm that my BRG isn't quite the same as the original
Rootes color.  It would be great if some group could document the scan codes of
the few remaining Tigers that are considered to be as close as possible to
original colors.  In the future, and probably already today, it will be the
only way to reproduce the colors, and I'm afraid there are already few Tigers
out there with an authentic paint appearance...

Chris Thompson
Executive Vice President
Recognition Research, Inc.
1750 Kraft Dr. Suite 2000