Re: Ulysses

To: Pirouette@uisreno.com, Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ulysses
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 01:57:19 EST
In a message dated 11/17/99 1:23:20 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Pirouette@uisreno.com writes:

<<  Has anyone ever tried to match paint with the new scanners
                  (spectrographic?) or any other method that didn't depend on
 direct
                  knowledge of original mixing specs and did it work.

On a recent motorcycle restification which I did, the original tank was
scratched, but the decals were excellent and no longer obtainable. I took the
tank, side covers etc. (anything with real clean paint bigger than 2" in
diameter) to a local auto body supply store. They did the spectrograph thing
and the results were astounding... impossible to tell from the original on
the side covers. Now, this was a non-metallic, kind of "French" blue, but I
don't see any reason why you shouldn't enjoy the same results with a
non-metallic, "British" green!
Mike