Re: Wiper Maintenance

To: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Wiper Maintenance
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 13:40:42 -0500
At 04:55 PM 11/24/1999 -0800, you wrote:
>James Barrett wrote:
>
>>         I had the spiral cable wear out on my Tiger.  I found that an MG
>> cable works when cut to length.
>>
>> James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others
>
>Which one?  The temperature or vent or speedo or accelerator?
>
>Steve
>
>(Speedo is Ford Part, as you know)
>

>--
>Steve Laifman
      The subject was " wiper Maintenance".  The spiral cable
is the drive for the wipers.  It is hidden inside of tubing way
up under the dash.  If your wipers do not take a full sweep
or do not go to the normal rest position when you turn the
wipers off then it is possible that the cable is worn out.
The spiral cable works sort of like a linear gear for the
wiper hardware under the dash.  The other wiper hardware under the
dash are also interchangeable with the MGB parts. ( Excluding the
tubes, which are different lengths from the Tiger)
James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others