F4B and Happy Holidays

To: "Tigers@autox,team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: F4B and Happy Holidays
From: "Daniel S. Eiland" <deiland1@elp.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 22:32:45 -0700
Seasons Greetings Listers,
    That time of year again, so I'll wish everyone a happy, healthy,  and
safe holiday season. Things are looking better for my F4B installation. My
in-laws came in town from Kansas for Thanksgiving. Had a real nice time.
Talkin' to my wife's step dad, old farmer, about the dilemma I have had with
getting the Tiger to run after installing the F4B. Told him about having to
heli-coil the carb stud holes before I could get the carb to torque down. He
tells me to take that air cleaner out there and bolt the "damn" thing back
on and he'll bet money it will work fine now that the carb is torqued down.
Old coot was right ya know. All this time and all it was was the carb was
loose due to those studs. Want to thank everyone on the list for all your
input. Sure is nice to know that there are still good people out there
willing to lend a helping hand. Wouldn't know what to do without the list
and the good people that make it up. I think it would be great if all the
different Tiger and Alpine clubs could come together the way the people on
this list do for the sake of keeping our Sunbeams and Rootes cars on the
road. Nice to have one place where one can go to find or discuss solutions
to keeping our cars on the road purely for the enjoyment and love of our
automobiles . Especially want to thank Steve Laifman for all the advice. The
car runs great and I couldn't be happier with the results. Followed all your
recommendations on the carb modifications. Thanks and sorry for going on my
soap box. Happy Holidays to All.
Dan Eiland in El Paso, Texas
B382002652LRXFE