Getrag 5-speed

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Getrag 5-speed
From: derekw@zamnet.zm
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 12:11:41 +0200 (ZMT)
Hi all,

I just spoke to Alfi Dragan with the tiger club in South Africa. He says
that they often put Getrag 5-speed gearboxes into tigers with very good
results. You don't have to move the cross member, only have to cut a new
shifter hole in the center, further back (a better position anyway.)

These boxes are found on 85 onwards Opel Records (2.2 litre and 3 litre
versions.) It is also on 525 and 528 BMWs but those ones require some
changes. He says they can take quite a hammering even from modified
289/302s. I will try to find out what other European cars this box came in
and some model numbers.

Thanks to all who gave T5 input, I think I'll go this route as it seems
these boxes are available (about $300 in SA) and require less cutting.

cheers, Derek  B9473358 (shiny shell with the rot cut out.)

Derek White
Managing Director
Zikomo Brewing Company
Box 31730, Lusaka, Zambia