Re: Dana-23

To: bartdog@mindspring.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dana-23
From: BMcgu22954@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 14:10:42 EST
Hey Steve,
Studebaker used a smaller Dana unit, but I can't remember if it was the 23 or
27 series.
In my Lark with the 260 V8, I had no problems.
The axle tubes look a lot smaller than the Dana 44 units. The Dana 23-27s
look like little pencils sticking out of the pumpkin.
A limited slip was available as well. Studebaker called it "True-Trac".
The same kind of taper lock found on Tigers was also used on Studebakers to
retain the hubs on the end of the axles.
Studebaker clubs such as "Wheelbarrow Johnny" here on the West coast, or the
"Studebaker Drivers Club" would be a good, affordable source of parts.

Bruce McGuire