RE: Classic Drain; Contemporary Rant

To: "'twojohnsons@home.com'" <twojohnsons@home.com>,
Subject: RE: Classic Drain; Contemporary Rant
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 07:47:01 -0600
Dave wrote:
> Why don't we check out Cuba and steal their 50s classics to

        And I wonder if there are any Rootesmobiles on the island?

> Or the new Chevvy sedan---do they dare to call
> it an Impala---which wins
> my vote for the ugliest car of the 90s.

        Amen! Even my wife said "What the h*ll is that?". GM sure has come a
long way since Earl, Mitchell and Shinoda -- and all in the wrong direction.
        BTW, I just got the January Classic & Sportscar - late again. I'm a
month too late to enter the Mystery Car Competition even if I knew the
answer, which I don't. But did any of you see it and notice the hub caps
that look like those on 1968-up Alpines? Is this some one-off Rootes
product?

Lawrence R. Wright, Purchasing Analyst
U S Office Products, Mid-Atlantic District
Formerly Andrews Office Products
larry.wright@usop.com
Ph. 301.386.7923  Fx. 301.386.5333