Re: Paint

To: irishve@hotmail.com, deiland1@elp.rr.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Paint
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 21:30:24 EST
In a message dated 12/29/99 5:21:39 PM Pacific Standard Time,
irishve@hotmail.com writes:

<< This may be a longshot, but why not call the Shelby factory in Las Vegas.
 They may not know the answer immediately, but would probably find out for
 you. Their factory is out by the L.V. Speedway. >>

Good thought, except I believe the "Shelby" minilite-type wheels were made by
Western and relabeled with the Shelby name, hence nobody associated with the
current Shelby operation would have been involved. I think the precipitating
factor for the Shelby labeling was to sell the rims through Goodyear stores,
which ol' Shel was one of the pioneers of here on the west coast. I have the
same wheels on my Tiger. I believe the wheels are a simple cast aluminum (one
piece) and you should have no problem just painting the centers gold. I don't
believe they were anodized (these were very low buck when new, I bought a set
for my '71 240Z in 1980-1 for about $225, brand new, including lug nuts and
ugly center caps which stuck out about 5"!) but can't remember as I painted
my centers black many moons ago...
Good luck-
Mike