Re: Paint

To: "Daniel S. Eiland" <deiland1@elp.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Paint
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@Flash.Net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 08:47:58 +0000
 "Daniel S. Eiland" wrote:

>        On the backside of my wheels the letters "C.S. I.-----I think they are
> cast
> aluminum alloy. Polished center and rim with the spokes left in there rough
> casting form. I still have no idea whether the spokes are painted or
> anodized though.
>
> Dan Eiland
> B382002652
> Finally in for paint.

Dan,

You are describing my American Racing "Silverstone" wheels, (so marked) that
were
made in magnesium and aluminum.  They were used on the Ken Miles original
prototype after he tore the spokes out of the wire wheels, and by Larry Reed,
early Tiger racer and LAT option tester.  These are 8 spoke sand cast finish
with
polished rims.

They are unusual in that the center cap threads on with the same thread as a
real
knock-off.  Two types of spinners were available, octagon and 3 eared.  Very
Minilite in appearance, overall.

May be the same source (?) but labeled for C.S.  He didn't manufacture much
himself, but assembled the Cobra's at GT350's, and sub contracted in-house or
acquired existing designs with his imprimatur.

Pictures are shown in 'Making of' and 'Norman' .  I have a good set of pictures
in
a roll of film I've yet to develop.

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/